Sunday, July 1, 2007

New Growth






There are so many exciting things going on in my little yard. Our neighbors offered us the Hibiscus plant in the first two photos. Knowing that Trevor has a green thumb they thought we might be able to bring it back to life. When we got the plant it needed to be replanted immediately. After a great deal of watering and a new home the Hibiscus is blooming. The third photos is of a tomato plant. As many of you know, I went a bit tomato crazy this summer. Twenty eight tomato plants germinated! I am planning on canning most of them and giving any extra to the food shelf. Photo four is so tantalizing. Eating a strawberry off the vine is so much better than the ones at the market. Photo five is blurry but interesting. Ground cherries are new to me and I am attempting to grow one. They look like a Chinese lantern pod and the pod contains a fruit that can be made into jelly. In the future, I will post of photo of the mythical Mexican Sour Gherkin.

No comments: