Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Boredom and The Boss

It is day two of my block break and boredom is sinking in. Work consumes so much of my day that I don't know what to do without it. Daytime television makes me angry and I don't like being angry. After my seventh trip to the refrigerator I decided I needed to get outside. Today was a typical Duluth day. Rainy and windy weather meant it was a perfect day to watch the surfers. Yes. Duluth has surfers and they are a motley bunch. These haggard souls brave the frigid big lake hoping for a few waves. With the new Springsteen album on my Ipod, I headed for Stoney Point. Stoney Point is a favorite spot for the Superior surfers and I was not disappointed; Surfers bobbed in the Lake like marshmallows in my hot chocolate. I may have found a reason to lose weight: surfing!

No comments: