Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sign of the Times



Supplemental income is not easy to come by; this summer I have resorted to calling in to radio stations during their noon time trivia offer. The calls have netted me free subway and movie tickets. This morning rain and humidity greeted Bubbles and I with a slap in the face. Neither of us likes heat so we decided to go to the movies and see "Becoming Jane." While returning from the feminist themed film we drove past several men protesting abortion at the local Planned Parenthood. Wondering what would Jane do, I promptly headed for Shopko where I purchased the supplies to make a sign. Just picture a seventy year old man standing to my left. I protested against the protesters for twenty minutes and then they decided to leave. Before leaving the knelt near me and prayed for my soul in some tongue I did not recognize. All said, it was a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn....I would have loved to be a part of that! Sounds like fun! I always miss the fun stuff!

Anonymous said...

Oops..the anoymous blog comment was me! Sorry about that!

Anonymous said...

so you are starting bubbles time with you protesting??? Does your dad and g-ma know about this?