Saturday, September 27, 2008

Powells' Summertime Tomato Goodness


A few entries down I described the process we use to make our own spaghetti sauce. Today we harvested over 80 lbs. of produce from our garden. A large portion of the take was tomatoes. As many of you know, I am a fiend for a good tomato. With pounds of fruit in front me, I returned to the kitchen for several hours. In the end I have enough sauce for approximately eight meals and have more on deck to make. I wish Ragu tasted like homemade; my life would be lest hectic during harvest season. The lighting is bad in the photo but I was too tired to care.

1 comment:

Flaca said...

This stuff is SOOO good. Angel and I were practically fighting over it. Nice job Auburn...and watch out mother f'in Martha Stewart...there's a middle class white woman who wants your job.